Washington Immigration Reform Coalition (WIRC)
Now is the time for Washington to lead in the movement to pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform in 2010!
The national Reform Immigration FOR America campaign is gaining momentum and the urgency of this moment for change has not been clearer. We are over 60 organizations that have been working to pass Immigration Reform: educating, organizing, and moving our communities.
It is urgent that we come together and show our strength! We need your help to put pressure on President Obama to lead on comprehensive immigration reform and make sure that all our Washington state Congressional delegation is on board as supporters and leaders.
What you can do:
- Text "justice" (or "justicia" for Spanish updates) to 69866 to become part of the movement to win comprehensive immigration reform. You will receive texts at the times when it is most urgent to call Congress or the President. Text justice now!
- Host a discussion on immigration reform at your place of worship, work, or school. Let us know how we can help!
- Check out our Activist Toolkit for help with writing an op-ed on immigration, planning a legislative visit, or working on a pro-immigrant resolution.
We hope you will join us at the WIRC FOR America table. WIRC is open to everyone and is organized around one purpose: to achieve comprehensive immigration reform.
Organizations, faith groups, community groups and labor unions of all sizes are encouraged to be a part of the coalition. We invite you to bring your ideas, creativity and enthusiasm! We will need everyone working together, strategizing and raising our voices to fix the broken immigration system and pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform this year!
WIRC at Work: Over the past few months WIRC has organized one of the largest and most diverse immigration rallies in the US, ran a call in campaigns to our congressional offices, visited our members of congress, collected post cards, rallied in DC, traveled to Arizona for a national day of action, worked to pass resolutions on the local level in support of CIR, and much much more. Join us and plug in to the movement for comprehensive immigration reform in 2010!
We hope you’ll join WIRC and take part in building a coordinated statewide strategy to achieve immigration reform.
There are many ways to get involved with WIRC:
1. Come to the meetings in person or call in to a conference call
2. Join the listserv. Get updates, forward action alerts, participate in calls to Congress, and stay hooked in to events and actions.
3. Spread the word! Let others know why you are supporting this effort and why they should too.
WHEN: Tuesday, June 8th, 4-6 p.m. (If the meeting date has passed contact Kendra@weareoneamerica.org for more info)
WHERE: SEIU Local 6, 3720 Airport Way South, Seattle WA 98134
CALL-IN: We will send out a call-in number to those that need it.
To Join WIRC FOR America, please contact Kendra Anderson at 206.452.8413 or Kendra@weareoneamerica.org
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Work & Volunteer
- National Affiliations
- About the Web Site
- How Do I?
- Immigration Reform
- Immigrant Integration
- State and Local Policy
- Education Policy
- English Innovations
- Racial Profiling
- Research & Reports
- 2010 US Census
- Take Action
- WA Immigration Reform Coalition (WIRC)
- Contact Your Lawmaker
- Share Your Story
- Join the Blog Squad
- Community Groups
- The 2010 Census
- For Media
Street Fair for Immigration Reform NOW!
Join OneAmerica and our allies for a discussion of how civil disobedience and escalation plays a role in the fight for immigration reform!
What: Forum: The Role of Civil Disobedience and Escalation in the Fight for Immigration Reform!
When: July 26, 2010 at 6pm
Where: Beacon Hill Library
Why: Because we need immigration reform NOW!