Learn English and Build Community Power
One of the most significant barriers facing millions of adult immigrants and refugees is learning English. Through our English Innovations program we work to provide the opportunity for adult immigrants and refugees to fully participate in their communities. Our program uniquely combines adult English learning with digital literacy and community organizing skills to build leadership and power in our immigrant communities.
Learn English with OneAmerica
Are you interested in learning English, improving your life and creating a better world for people like us? Join our English Innovations Class!
English Innovations is a free English class for adult English learners who live in Washington State. In this class you’ll focus on conversation, storytelling and topics that are relevant to your life as an immigrant.
Join English Innovations to:
- Build community with people like you
- Strengthen your job and communication skills
- Deepen your technology skills
- Learn how to advocate for a great education for you or your child
- Get support to become a citizen
- Learn about, discuss and get involved on issues facing your community
As a part of our program, you’ll gain confidence communicating in your daily life, build community with your classmates, and have access to leadership opportunities like:
- Speaking with state representatives
- Leading technology workshops
- Volunteering to support other students
- Helping people register to vote
- Presenting on topics that interest you
- Facilitating a class session
- and more!
Currently Virtual - Join our English @ Home Classes
Since Spring 2020, our classes have run virtually and are called English @ Home. We will teach you how to use the technology you’ll need to succeed, and we have tablets for use by our students.
Our next quarter of English @ Home classes will run September 26 – December 8, 2022. Our upcoming class schedule is:
– Low-Beginning class taught in Spanish & English: Saturdays from 9-11am
– High-Beginning class: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-7:30 pm
– Intermediate class: Mondays & Wednesdays from 6-7:30 pm
Register online or call us to register. If you are interested in volunteering, contact Marisa.
Questions? Contact Marisa: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-344-5612
Preguntas en español? Contacta Cristina: 206-839-7711
“In college classes we just repeat the sentence, and this is not the real world. There are too many expressions. The face and nonverbal communication are important… [In this class] I learn English, I learn about issues, education, and real life. All are important to be part of my community…”